30A - Final Reflection

1. Over the semester, I have certainly had my high's and low's as they pertain to starting my business. The most exciting part of this journey was learning the ins and outs of retail leasing and sales. The worst part about the experience was cold calling. I say this because most of these owners are busy and don't want to talk to you; they often get cold called by other brokers frequently which makes it harder for them to want to talk to me. 

2. The most formative experience was learning how to bob and weave through a cold call. I learned a lot about how to uncovers an owners motivations, listen for windows of opportunity and conditionally close on the call. The most joyous part of this journey was winning business over other competing business by utilizing the skills I learned in class. I'm most proud of starting this business from scratch and turning it into a money making machine (in the future.)

3. As we wrap the semester, I am proud to have developed an entrepreneurs mindset. I have learned how to organize my tasks and use my time, my most precious resource, efficiently. 

4. To students taking this class in the future: if you're taking this class, odds are you want to be involved in business in some aspect so take the class seriously and soak up as much as possible because you will most definitely use those skills in whatever venture you take on.  

Commercial Loans and Commercial Real Estate Brokers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5A: Identifying Local Opportunities

Opportunity Belief

My entrepreneurship story