20A – Growing Your Social Capital

1. The first person I  will use to grow my social capital, is my domain expert, Connor Knauer. Connor has been in the business every selling and leasing retail real estate for over five years and I met him at a local trade show last fall. We grew our relationship when I had some retail space listed in Atalanta, GA and Connor was able to find a tenant to lease up that space. Going forward, we will work together when helping clients lease or sell space and I plan on returning the favor to him buy generating business for his listed units. 
2. The second person I will use to grow my social capital is my market expert, Nick Granberry. Nick has been in the business of primarily leasing retail space for 15 years and I met him a couple years back when I was showing one of his sites. I grew comfortable to Nick and looked at his as if he were a mentor to me. Over the years, he has helped me learn the ins and outs of the industry and I plan on returning the favor by bringing him business.
3. The third person I will use to grow my social capital is my supplier, Ryan Dry. What makes Ryan my supplier is his ability to service small business loans to companies that I'm working with. I met Ryan when doing a deal with Nick and we have had a great relationship since. In the past, he has serviced a handful of loans to companies that that I was helping find new space. 
Reflection: This experience has taught me a lot about growing my social network. The most important thing to me was keeping an open mind - money can be made from anywhere and referrals can come from anywhere so its important to have good relationships with people who might not be directly in your industry but can have an impact on your growth.

Comments

  1. Hi Bryson,
    I think you did a great job with this assignment and completed all the tasks. The people you have chosen seem very helpful and have I think having a strong relationship is very useful when starting a new business. I hope everything works out for you and that you have learned from this experience. Keep up the good work! Mayson Sages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryson,
    Great post! The people you included in your post will be very beneficial to have in your network and I think they would be happy to help you in the future. This exercise seems to have been very beneficial in building meaningful relationships with people related to your business idea. Leveraging your network will help you be successful in your business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5A: Identifying Local Opportunities

Opportunity Belief

My entrepreneurship story