6A Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends
Opportunity #1- Curbside pickup at grocery stores
b. With customers skeptical about shopping in in-closed stores, the wave of curbside pickup can strongly take off. This is a safer alternative to receive goods without the risk of being in contact with someone who has the virus.
c. The customer who is most likely to see the opportunity is someone is prone to the virus or paranoid of the virus.
d. The opportunity is easy to exploit because of the numerous amounts of people who are skeptical about going into stores to shop
I saw the opportunity in Gainesville when I went to my local Publix. There amount of people who went to Publix to shop decreased drastically.
Opportunity #2 - Video tours for real estate
b. Following the covid-19 crisis, customers will still be skeptical about going out in public. Therefore, some people who want o buy a home or any type of real estate will likely opt in to a video tour as opposed to an onsite tour.
c. The customer who will most likely see this as an opportunity is someone is paranoid about going out in public.
d. This opportunity is easy to exploit because of the numerous amounts of people who are afraid of coming in contact with somebody with the virus.
I saw this as an opportunity when covid-19 hit the fan. It was made obvious that business and school can be done online so I have reason to believe companies such as zoom will continue to benefit from online meetings post covid-19.
Opportunity #3 -Store closings
b. With companies going out of business due to covid-19, there will be a ton of vacant space. The opportunity that exists is a new company filling that empty space at a cheaper than normal cost.
c. The customer who will see this as an opportunity is someone who just launched their business and is looking cheap space to lease.
d. This opportunity is easy to exploit because most companies, either new or existing, will want to open up shop following the crisis
I saw this as an opportunity because I plan on going into commercial real estate brokerage when I graduate and I know rent prices will be cheap in certain markets.
Opportunity #4 - Stock market comeback story
b. As of this week, physical traders were allowed to return to work and start trading in the market again. This coupled with the re opening of the economy will likely ensure that our market bounces back from this crisis.
c. Anyone who benefits from the stock market will see this as an opportunity. An independent trader, institution, or the economy in general will most likely benefit from a bull market once the dust settles.
d. This opportunity is easy to exploit because it is inevitable that the market will go back up at some point.
I saw this as an opportunity because like any recession, the market won't stay down forever. It is just a matter of time for the market to re bound hence resulting in gains for everyone involved with the market.
Hi Bryson,
ReplyDeleteReading about video tours gaining popularity in the real estate industry in opportunity two was very interesting. I wonder if video will be come common how online pictures are now. Curbside pickup at grocery stores like you wrote about in opportunity one is a great idea. I can imagine that being very popular as most people are currently trying to avoid going out.